Modules - what's hot what's not

Mech Warrior General Topics
FF-Darkhalf
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Modules - what's hot what's not

Post by FF-Darkhalf » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:41

Let's discuss which ones are good and which one's a waste of GXP. I havn't got the details bout Decay 2 & sensor range 2 so I'll add em later.

Vision Modules:
  • Advanced Zoom - 5 000 GXP - A picture in picture long range zoom with 4x magnification
Targeting Modules
  • Target Decay 1 - 5 000 GXP - Increases the amount of time a Battlemech is trackable when it leaves line of sight to 2,75 seconds
  • Target Decay 2 -
  • 360 Target - 15 000 GXP - Allows retention of target when the enemy moves behind the piloted Mech

Support Modules:
  • Capture Accelerator - 15 000 GXP - Increases the rate of capture by 15 %
Sensor Modules:
  • Sensor Range 1 - 5 000 GXP - Boosts sensor range by 15 %
    Sensor Range 2 -
    Target Info - 10 000 GXP - Decreases the amount of time required for detailed information by 25 %

I've been keeping all my slowly generated general xp cause I wasn't sure what I should spend them for and didnt want to waste it on something useless. So let's share our experiences ;)

I for my part finally bought the expensive 360 Target one and will aim for Target Decay next, both aimed to use on my ECM Raven for now. Combined they should work well.

Only recently discovered you can use up to 3 modules on a mech, even 4 with the Master mech tree unlock :)

FF-Hobbes
The Gawdfather
The Gawdfather

Re: Modules - what's hot what's not

Post by FF-Hobbes » Tue Feb 05, 2013 5:11

I have used advanced zoom, target info gathering, and sensor range.

I'm not certain how useful sensor range is.

Target info is very useful- it helps you determine where to aim on a target significantly quicker.

Advanced zoom has a major drawback- the picture within a picture is highly pixelated. It can be useful every once in a while, but the image isn't crisp enough to help significantly with aiming.

Others might be useful in role warfare scenarios- Consider, 360 targeting for an atlas with streaks, or capture accelerator for a light mech. But I haven't tried many of them partly because it takes so much XP to afford them, and partly because the modules themselves are quite expensive.

FF-Darkhalf
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Modules - what's hot what's not

Post by FF-Darkhalf » Mon Feb 18, 2013 16:44

The Advanced zoom seems rather useless to me, I better spend my gxp on others.

I'm working on reaching the additional Module Slot for my Raven & Cat by unlocking Master. My kill-death ratio don't like this but nvmd ;) For my ECM Raven I currently own 3 Modules:

360 Target Retention
Target Decay
Target Info Gathering

Once I reach the 4th slot I probably go for: Target Decay 2 or maaaybe the faster cap.

On my Gausscat, where I only got one slot so far, it feels like the only useful Module will be Target Info Gathering & maybe Sensor Range when reaching the Master Slot.