When do people play?

Total War General Discussions.
frogbeastegg
Cadet
Cadet

When do people play?

Post by frogbeastegg » Thu Mar 10, 2005 14:22

I'm acquainted with Louis' usual playing times, but not everyone else's. If I could request the times in UK time, or some idea of how far ahead/behind your local time is, I'd be grateful. With the exception of France I don't know how other time zones relate to my own.

I never play on Wednesdays or Fridays; they are reserved exclusively for my poor boyfriend. I am most usually around between 8PM and 10PM UK time. That takes care of the certain parts, now for the confusing bit. If I am at my PC in the evening on one of those other days chances are reasonable I will end up doing something else, writing most typically. Sundays seem to be about the best day for me actually starting up RTW. I only open up msm if I expect to be playing RTW, so that is usually a good sign.

I prefer to play with people I know; I'm a shy frog, so you won't see me wandering around the lobby on my own. Even having one other known player around helps a lot in getting a fun game, not one filled with uber units and/or single units of elephants with all upgrades. It's one less player to buy a bad army ;)
A knight is sworn to valour
Her heart knows only virtue
Her blade defends the helpless
Her might upholds the weak
Her word speaks only truth
Her wrath undoes the wicked

ladyAn
Queen of Deception

Post by ladyAn » Thu Mar 10, 2005 18:23

I am 5 hours behind you, 9PM your time would be 4PM my time. So, for you, am the most difficult to hook up and play :) Or actually vice versa: it is most difficult for me to play with the europeans.

So, that means from time to time, I may be home when it is 8PM or 9PM your time, depending on pre-arrangement, or sometimes I couldn't just watch you guys have fun :)

Annie
- Possess weapons of mass distraction

Spectre
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Spectre » Fri Mar 11, 2005 13:59

I'm 2 hours ahead of UK time, but that's not a problem since I usually stay up late. My gaming times are very irregular, but Thursdays and Sundays are usually the least possible days.

ladyAn
Queen of Deception

Post by ladyAn » Fri Mar 11, 2005 16:00

hey, sounds like me, Spectre, Thursday and Sunday are my worst days to meet you in your evening. :)

BTW, if you see me on MSN, just ask if I could play, don't ne shy. I may say I can't (and I may say that often), but am also easily tempted.

Annie
ps.: a pun on "when people play?" : midnight :)

game people play -- Alan Parsons' Project
Games people play, You take it or you leave it
Things that they say, Honor Brite
If I promise you the Moon and the Stars, Would you believe it
Games people play in the middle of the night
- Possess weapons of mass distraction

Louis Ste Colombe
Turcosmurf

Post by Louis Ste Colombe » Mon Mar 14, 2005 12:20

I am one hour ahead of UK time. I play at night, after 9 pm (8 pm UK time), usually for 3 hours. I don't stay up late like Spectre :P

I play during the week days, very rarely during the week end (although sunday night can work sometimes). Week end starts on friday night :P
Good days for me: monday, 50% of tuesday, 50% of wednesday, and thursday.

Louis,